Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bright Idea

I have decided that with every Christmas gift I give this year, I am including an energy saving light bulb.

Here's a fact:
"If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR qualified bulb, we would save more than $600 million in annual energy costs, and PREVENT GREENHOUSE GASES EQUIVALENT TO THE EMISSIONS OF MORE THAN 800,000 CARS."

Whatever your opinions are, I'm pretty sure this is a simple switch that we all can agree is a good move.

Please try to switch at least ONE bulb in your house to a compact fluorescent bulb.

Thanks!

3 comments:

David said...

Eric from Brooklyn and the Anonymous haters should replace their dim bulbs.

walkinggrafitti said...

One step ahead of you Alison. EVERY fixture in my house is fluorescent, AND I use the condensate from my air conditioner to irrigate my vegetable and herb garden.

carla said...

if you really care about the environment you should go vegeatarian/ vegan. meat/ dairy production is considered the #1 global threat, internationally. the other little things are ok too, every little bit helps. but the former is actually a really big deal.