Friday, January 25, 2008

Hate

I heard a smart friend the other day say an important thing: "Hate is a very strong word."

It made me realize that maybe we throw it around too much in casual conversation, especially with regard to people.

Of course, a wiser person might opt to focus on the people I don't hate. But, I, on the other hand, intend to use the heavy blanket of cold and flu medicine that is warming my brain as an excuse to further clarify my hate classifications so as not to misuse the word in the future.

Here we go.

Types of people I think it's ok to hate:
-people who do not give regularly of themselves to those less fortunate.
-people who abuse others.
-people who don't get the joke.
-doucehbags, in general.
-mooches...perfectly capable people who let their friends or significant others pay for extensive amounts of vacations, rent, clothes, food or whatever. Gross.

That's it!

But, YOU, of course, I love.

3 comments:

Nathan Hamill said...

Love you more, Alison.

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS: Alison HATES the least fortunate person in the world. . . Now do you see why fine print is so important? All I can think of is Milton being forced to pass the cake in Office Space. Maybe instead of all this hate, you should start a Hug A Miser campaign. Who knows, maybe they were just playing Diogenes and looking for a decent human being. Probably not, but whatever. As much as it would pain Diogenes, I love you lots, platonic.

Mark said...

OMG! I love you too. I totally totally love you. And I thought you didn't even know who I was, I was convinced that you COULDN'T see me through the TV screen when I drank all that cough syrup and watched the blind date skits on Boiling Points and proclaimed my love for you....now I see that you could totally see me and you LOVE me!!! I can die now.