Thursday, January 31, 2008

An Open Letter To the SureType/T9 Function on My BlackBerry

Dear SureType/T9 Function,

Hi. How are you?

That's great.

So, listen, we need to talk. I think you're great. You save me time and prevent callouses on my adorable thumbs.

But, listen, I want you to know that you're not going to change me. I am who I am. And sometimes, I have a potty mouth. I mean, let's be honest, I probably type the word "fucking" a few times a week. Rest assured that it is used only for emphasis, as in "Nicole, this Brazilian restaurant is fucking awesome!"

However, I almost never, ever type the word "ducking." So please, SureType, stop suggesting it. You can pretty much assume that I'm trying to write "fucking," and you're just wasting time. Then I have to go back and retype the word.

So until I find myself stuck on the incoming landing strip at JFK, I will probably not be texting the word "ducking" very much. So, let's just accept who I am and move on with things.

Ok? Thanks.

I still think you're ducking great.

Doh.

Love,

Alison

4 comments:

BCA said...

Alison, I find you highly entertaining. If you were a stripper I'd give you all my money.

I'm kidding of course. About the 'stripper' part.

Jerell said...

I hope your relationship with this "SureType/T9 Function" character is strictly platonic. Don't let it pay for dinner, you both go half. Robots are too courtesy.

SureType/T9 said...

You had of at hello.

Anonymous said...

Dude totally agree it always puts fucking Ducking god so annoying