Monday, July 6, 2009

Bummer. I did not find a child in this dryer.



One thing I absolutely love about LA is having a washer and dryer in my apartment. I try not to overuse them, for the environment's sake, but after 8 years of shared machines in New York, it sure is nifty to be able to wash my sheets wearing underwear and slippers. Back in New York City, you only have a washer and dryer in your apartment if you're rich. Or, if you're sleeping with someone rich.

But I had to hit the coin laundry place today to wash a large rug that doesn't fit in the home machines (and fuck if I'm paying someone $50 when I can do it myself for 12 quarters).

I saw this sign on the dryer and crossed my fingers for a shiny new pet.

5 comments:

feefifoto said...

Dammit! I think I left one of my kids in that dryer! Don't you hate when people walk off with your stuff?

tehdago said...

NYC must suck. We have a washer and dryer, and we're lowly recent grads. Texas, FTW. :P

Marc said...

My last experience with a coin operated laundry had these results in the "what had been left behind category": 67 cents in change, a shoelace, 3 condoms, a soccer ball air pump needle, a temporary tattoo, a handcuff key, 2 Shock Top beer bottle tops, and a walmart shopping list.

Some people just know how to party....

albex said...

Yes! NYC does suck! That's why you should never, ever, ever, ever go there. Please.

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.