Friday, September 25, 2009

Eco-Emmys


In the midst of Emmy week, there was at least one event with an eye on Eco-goodness.

I was lucky enough to go to the Eco-Emmys last week, and I was happy as pie in a flotilla of eco-minded friends.

I chatted with the owner of RC Green about sustainable countertops (guys, consider quartz instead of granite!), the people from LifeSource about eco-friendly home water filtration (old school water softeners leave too much salt waste!), and, of course, I got my eyebrows threaded by Marco Ochoa (even eco-girls gotta look good!)

We do what we can in our everyday lives, but when companies who create products for hundreds - or thousands - of consumers take the initiative to create eco-friendly products, it's pretty awesome. Plus, they're smart, because archaic, wasteful products are only becoming more and more outdated.

Thanks to the Eco-Emmys for having me. It was a super fun event. And I will take 20 more of those vegan chocolate cupcakes from Luscious, please.

No comments: